Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

has anyone got a mitrazpine tapering schedule?? advice needed 6 months pregnant

[cl...]

I have used mitrazpine to cope with benzo withdrawal.  7 months since jumped off)  It was a necessary evil as a month after jumping i found out i was pregnant and needed to be able to sleep and have a routin and not been severely depressed and anxious... It worked wonderfully.... almost too well.... so am going to try come off now  or reduce......as I cant be this level of sedation with a baby. Plus... the longer your on it the harder to withdrawal from??  I am on 45mg. I have tried a small cut off last night not sure how much a  little chunk. It was fine.  I will be speaking to my psychiatrist in 3 weeks but I am very keen from guys on here ! Any suggestions??

Hi Claire,

Congrats on your pregnancy and also for being benzo-free. It’s especially important to run any advice by your doc before you decide what to do with the mirtazapine.  I’m sure you’ll get some good suggestions here but they should be run past your medical providers first.

Take care,

Challis  :smitten:

Yes your totally right !!  I am just starting to panic about facing another withdrawal hell so thinking need to do a bit of it before baby comes even if can get down to a low dose.

Thanks!!

Any suggestions from anyone  please ... I promise to be careful. 

I hope you can let go of some of the withdrawal panic.  Benzo withdrawal, for nearly everyone, is the worst withdrawal anyone experiences. Mirtazapine should be much easier. Hopefully someone will come along with suggestions who has taken it, I haven’t ever taken it so my advice is general. But I think tiny cuts like you mentioned would be what I’d do, too.

:smitten:

From the little I have heard about remeron it should be tapered slowly.  I am sure some BB members have some experience with it but most accrued applicable info will over at surviving antidepressants.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Pa...]
    • [gr...]
    • [in...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [...]
    • [ro...]
    • [Gu...]
    • [PE...]
    • [Mi...]
    • [ra...]