Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Paranoia

[bo...]

I've been having extremely bad paranoia as of late. Part of it is my fault because I read about conspiracy theories before bed. I then get really paranoid and fearful that I'm being watched or something. Then I have intrusive thoughts about what if I become part of these horrible conspiracy theories. I know I need to stop reading about it, but now it's stuck in my head and working like an intrusive thought.

I'm not influenced by conspiracy theories Boom, but I can certainly misinterpret things people say.  I didn't used to be this way, always took things at face value.  Didn't sweat it.  Now I find myself reading negatively into what people say.  Take things the wrong way. 

It's slightly paranoid I guess, but understandable in that WD has battered my self esteem and think badly of MYSELF.  It's not them, it's me. 

Outside of that I'm pleased with my progress.  It's slow, but it's real. 

BBB, it sounds like your fear from an overactive nervous system is causing the paranoia?  Just my thought about how you're feeling. 

[00...]

I have paranoia and it's ridiculous!

I wonder if it's really considered paranoia if we are aware of it?

People that are truly diagnosed with paranoia really relieve they are being watched and followed etc.

Anyway, give your brain a rest and stop reading stuff that will trigger this phenomena.  Read a romance novel :)

I've unfollowed all Facebook friends that post about conspiracy theories. I read nothing about it last night and took a .3 milligram herbatonin. I slept 7 hours and 40 minutes. I think I'm going to take the herbatonin every other night as it has a sort of hangover effect that makes me feel groggy for a few days.

I do believe that's true.  People who realize they are being paranoid are not truly paranoid.  I had a nabe who was diagnosed Paranoid Schizophrenic and she used to come to my home and truly believe that her bf was poisoning her.  She would get so upset about it and it wasn't even true.