Important Survey - Please Participate ×

7 months off tomorrow , considering a water fast as I am getting worse

[ch...]

Dear Buddies

I am finding it hard to accept that there is nothing I can do apart from the basics to help my recovery

I am 75 now and thanks to a Doctor who thought it appropriate to give me Diazepam in my 70's, I am suffering badly

I have done all I can ,

I became so ill on the drug and yet those same Doctors and nurses insisted it was my anxiety and I needed to get on a treatment, meaning an AD,

I wasted 3-4 months stuck on this drug , losing massive amounts of weight , dry heaving , bed bound agoraphobic

I had had enough and asked to taper off just 4mgs of diazepam,

Too late my body and brain were already damaged and altered

I have struggled though tapering for many months, and their trials of AD's,  fortunately the  last being Mirtazapine for a week  2 years ago , and I am 7 months off now and so very ill

I cannot gain any weight

Hardly sleep

Live in terror every day ,

Extreme tinnitus whilst already very deaf

lots of ice cold prickly numbness that started at the end of my taper,  and has continued. Been seen by a Doctor before Covid made that impossible and had bloods done then , 

I have to find a way forward  and  as I  am so sensitive now to everything I can only think that giving this old body  a complete rest from food and all the glutamate, histamines, etc  might be a way forward

Rather than adding in, taking away

I am ill because of this drug and the other things they  tried in the past, and  my body wont take more

I can only think that if I make sure I have my electrolytes , I  stand a chance of improving , or not

Has anyone any knowledge about water fasting ?

Thank you for any help in advance

your body needs nourishment & love. accept that you are still early on. you have calm moments in the evening so that is a very positive sign. let more time pass. and eat healthy & fresh. I would never fast during recovery.