Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

7 months off tomorrow , considering a water fast as I am getting worse

[ch...]

Dear Buddies

I am finding it hard to accept that there is nothing I can do apart from the basics to help my recovery

I am 75 now and thanks to a Doctor who thought it appropriate to give me Diazepam in my 70's, I am suffering badly

I have done all I can ,

I became so ill on the drug and yet those same Doctors and nurses insisted it was my anxiety and I needed to get on a treatment, meaning an AD,

I wasted 3-4 months stuck on this drug , losing massive amounts of weight , dry heaving , bed bound agoraphobic

I had had enough and asked to taper off just 4mgs of diazepam,

Too late my body and brain were already damaged and altered

I have struggled though tapering for many months, and their trials of AD's,  fortunately the  last being Mirtazapine for a week  2 years ago , and I am 7 months off now and so very ill

I cannot gain any weight

Hardly sleep

Live in terror every day ,

Extreme tinnitus whilst already very deaf

lots of ice cold prickly numbness that started at the end of my taper,  and has continued. Been seen by a Doctor before Covid made that impossible and had bloods done then , 

I have to find a way forward  and  as I  am so sensitive now to everything I can only think that giving this old body  a complete rest from food and all the glutamate, histamines, etc  might be a way forward

Rather than adding in, taking away

I am ill because of this drug and the other things they  tried in the past, and  my body wont take more

I can only think that if I make sure I have my electrolytes , I  stand a chance of improving , or not

Has anyone any knowledge about water fasting ?

Thank you for any help in advance

your body needs nourishment & love. accept that you are still early on. you have calm moments in the evening so that is a very positive sign. let more time pass. and eat healthy & fresh. I would never fast during recovery.