Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

How do I keep myself hydrated -- vomiting and can't hold down food?

[ge...]

Hi Everyone,

Sick as a dog. Possible reaction to last cut. Possible stomach flu with migraine. Drinking lots of water and ginger ale and a little bit of soup, but I vomited all over the restaurant parking lot yesterday on Valentine's Day. Never should have ventured out on day for of a cut.  Am I doing the right thing about staying hydrated? I'm scared coz I urinate more than I drink and I feel weak. What do you think is going on -- withdrawal or stomach flu? Just feeling lying down and dying sometimes, but not suicidal. It just feels like I'm in Hell.

Love,

Genie

Hi Genie,

You sound as though you may have problems other than withdrawal. Your cuts are very small relative to your dose, so I'd be surprised if they were behind all of this. Have you seen your doctor about this?

Genie, just take small constant sips of any fluids, preferrably a gatorade-type drink, so you can replace electrolytes. Ginger ale is good for upset tummy, but not that great for dehydration as it has lots of sugar. Chamomile tea would be better and help settle your stomach. If you can't keep anything down at all, you need to see a doctor. 

Take care Genie.

Keep drinking. Even if you throw it up, some of it is getting into your system. You do not want to get dehydrated.

Sounds to me like a stomach virus.

I hope you feel better soon.

rufus

Hi Everyone,

Sick as a dog. Possible reaction to last cut. Possible stomach flu with migraine. Drinking lots of water and ginger ale and a little bit of soup, but I vomited all over the restaurant parking lot yesterday on Valentine's Day. Never should have ventured out on day for of a cut.  Am I doing the right thing about staying hydrated? I'm scared coz I urinate more than I drink and I feel weak. What do you think is going on -- withdrawal or stomach flu? Just feeling lying down and dying sometimes, but not suicidal. It just feels like I'm in Hell.

Love,

Genie

Hey Genie,

Sorry to hear your feeling really sick.  One thing I found that helped with nausea was emetrol. If your not diabetic, that may help you a good amount, and its otc.  Its mostly sugar, and thats why its not good if your diabetic, but if not, it should help, and is made for nausea/vomiting.

Take Care,

Becky

Hi Genie,

I'm so sorry that you are sick.  My daughter was very sick and throwing up, her dr. told her not to drink water to stay hydrated, it makes the stomach cramp.  His number one choice was Gatorade, but not the red one, juice, and flat, clear soda.  I would pour the soda in a glass and stir until all the bubbles were gone.  This helped her a great deal.

Hugs,

Ts

Oh gosh genie - we're both going through this...!  Try to get pedialyte because it replaces electrolytes better than gatorade though it tastes kind of gross (syrup-y).  If there's any way you can switch to valium wafers, you'd know they were being absorbed.  I don't think my body was treating my meds normally while i had the stomach flu.... i replied to you in my thread too -- i had the same horrible headache. actually i had it today too. ... just leaning over a bit made my head hurt SO bad.  I took relpax for migraine & tylenol & i think it's fading... i opened all the windows and aired the place out cuz it was getting way to chemical-y in here from all the cleaning products i was using.  i hope you feel better soon!

Oh gosh genie - we're both going through this...!  Try to get pedialyte because it replaces electrolytes better than gatorade though it tastes kind of gross (syrup-y).  If there's any way you can switch to valium wafers, you'd know they were being absorbed.  I don't think my body was treating my meds normally while i had the stomach flu.... i replied to you in my thread too -- i had the same horrible headache. actually i had it today too. ... just leaning over a bit made my head hurt SO bad.  I took relpax for migraine & tylenol & i think it's fading... i opened all the windows and aired the place out cuz it was getting way to chemical-y in here from all the cleaning products i was using.  i hope you feel better soon!

jack pediolite is a great suggestion - i used to always keep that on hand because i live alone - if i got laid up for a few days w/o food no one would know.  always good to have some.