Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Who Came off The Aston Method and has lasting Withdrawal?

[su...]

Who here came off the Ashton Method and is having lasting w/d after? Also if anyone knows others who came off this way and how did they do?

Some may remember me I was suffering terribly after being rapidly tapered odd benzos after 7 years daily use.

It was torture all day everyday as I was also on prozac and tapered off that while only 3 months off benzo. I think I was having seizures when I went into a rage.

I had a zillion symptoms and was still on an anti psychotic. After almost a year off benzos the my doctor increased the dose of my anti psychotics I had been on for years and a few weeks later I had an adverse reaction. My whole body felt like it was full of poison and I literally couldn't stop rocking and moving until I ended up in the ER then inpatient psych. They had to get help how to get me off safely. I was very out of it and sick for days. At some point I know I had 2 full seizures even though the nurses were yelling at me to get off the floor I couldn't. I was hyperventalating and convulsing.

I ended up on a whole new handful of meds including a benzo even though I said I was allergic. I was on clorazapam in the past now I'm on Ativan.They said I could taper right back off but its been months and other meds have needed adjusted first and honestly I know its hurting my brain but I can't go back to the suffering I was in this past whole year where I lived off these boards.

I know coming off the Ashton method might help but still I'm scared.

I would love to hear from others who tapered off a second time under the Ashton method and how it went .???

• 3 weeks later...
[59...]
Maybe go really slow?  Like a microtaper if the benzo is working for you?  How many times a day do you dose ativan?  What other drugs are you on?