Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

First post

[Bl...]

Hi. July 16th will be 9 months benzo free for me. I am still symptomatic. Was diagnosed with afib/hf in Jan 2017. Started the heart meds and could not get to sleep.  Started taking prescribed ambien...BiGGEST mistake of my life.  Was rapidly detoxed at the end of March 2019 after becoming tolerant to ambien.  Became tolerant after being given opioid pain killer for broken heel bone in October of 2018. Didn't know what was happening but knew I wasn't the same.  Had my first panic attack in November of 2019. After basically being cold turkeyed in the detox facility, for 3 months I suffered horrible withdrawal symptoms.  I was reinstated on valium.  I never felt like I was stabilized. My taper was a fail. Here I am almost 9 months later.  I want to know how I am supposed to feel almost 9 months out.  Are we permitted to discuss symptoms?

Hello BlueBird2020, Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

It sounds like you got hit with a double whammy, Ambien and Valium, but you're benzo free now so that's good.  It's very common to still feel symptoms this far out from quitting, I didn't recover for 14 months after I quit Klonopin cold turkey. 

You're absolutely allowed to discuss symptoms, and a good place to do that will be on the Post-withdrawal Recovery Support  board, there you'll find many others who are suffering as you are, you'll be among friends.

We're glad you found us, please make yourself at home and let us know how we can help you.

Pamster

Thanks Pamster for the direction of where to find symptom posts.

The symptoms are just hellish and inconceivable unless you are actually going through it!