Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Getting off Ativan

[As...]

I have been on 0.5 to 1 mg Ativan for about 5 years with the past year being daily use. I’ve lost myself and have little memory of the past couple years. I started my taper 7 days ago.

Hello Aslamich, Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

I know what you mean, my personality changed drastically while I was taking benzo's, its scary to lose your sense of self.  Can you tell us about your taper, we typically suggest reducing your dose by about 5-10% every week to 10 days or whatever your symptoms will allow.

If you'd like to connect with others going through the same thing you are, you're welcome to start a thread on the  Withdrawal Support (during your taper) board, there you'll find the support you need.

If you'd like suggestions about your taper, let us know, we have many methods for accomplishing the task in a safe and slow manner.

Please let us know how we can help you.

Pamster