Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Impact on Brain

[JR...]

I am just curious. when we going through so many physiological and PHYSICAL SYMPTOMS  ....does this not impact our brain or other body organs. Anyone or any idea what science says about this. 

[37...]

I imagine there is some level of trauma for many people.  Psychological too.  How much of each we experience, and how well we heal seems to vary a lot. 

In a general sense, you can search for tapering or sudden cessation or stress or anxiety in the literature and find lots of publications. 

Or maybe not research things right now...bc I feel that early in recovery our heightened sense of fear has the potential to make us paranoid about everything that goes on in our bodies, and is not helpful to healing and lessening anxiety.

Maybe try to focus on practices that help promote healing (nutrition, fresh air, moderate exercise...) and if you feel up to it do an activity that used to bring you joy (even if you don't feel the joy yet). Surround yourself with positivity in regards to people and media.

I promise this makes a huge difference.

If you perseverate on what might go wrong - it will can make you loopy and its not beneficial to fixate on it. :thumbsup: