Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Suddenly coming to halt.

[Aj...]

Anyone else have the thing where you try to go up some steps or walk across the floor in an open space and you suddenly come to a halt because your brain can’t asses of the floor is safe to walk on or the height of the steps and you aren’t in your legs properly so can’t control the visual mos-perceptions snd bodily coordination?

I am so sorry for the ever increasing terror Ajusta!

I had lighter version of it, not complete haut as finally I made it by continuing the move. For me, it's not the vision but the brain/body disconnecting kind of feeling

I have this. It's like momentarily my brain is unable to process depth perception - if I'm understanding you correctly. Also have occasional dizziness issues that go along with it.

I was at the gym this morning doing my regular stuff and I was putting some weights away and I literally stumbled so hard I almost fell down. For no reason. Just a spell of dizziness out of nowhere.

Thank you both.

Yeah something like that.

It is worse in places with big expanse of floor, like brain thinks not safe to walk on floor and legs come to a halt.

Yes, I've had something similar Ajusta.  Just come to a halt midstep. Freeze sorta. 

Found that even the very action of 'moving' out of a sitting position to stand and walk had me freeze. 

I came to the understand it as anxiety. 

"Freezing" might not be what you are describing, but I've definitely experienced misperceptions of height, etc.  Reduced 90%.

Dee

:smitten:

No, not really like that I don’t think.

More like brain suddenly thinks floor not safe to walk on and feels confused and feet stop dead before I realise what has happened and then the anxiety happens afterwards.

I had and still have misjudgements about distance/position, for example, when reaching to a door knob I would miss it, was thinking it a combination of brain and body paralysis kind of thing. Anyone had experienced similar?

When was off first time had thing where over-reached for things because go to put arm out and too much energy on it so goes past object reaching for.

Keep knocking things over all the time, no coordination.

Think will crush my glasses when I pick them up. Can’t feel things properly and things feel too light/heavy, too hard/soft. E,g. Walls feel too hard! Causes terror.