Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Surviving Pain

[SL...]

Hi,

I was on klonopin for about 21 years at 1mg twice a day for muscle spasm. I have been tapering for 7 months now, and am currently on valium 2.5mg at night only. It's been extremely debilitating, and for me sleep and neuropathic pain have been big obstacles.  I'm hoping to learn from other long-term users who have tapered and healed successfully.

[64...]

Hello SLOHealin and welcome to BenzoBuddies,

We are glad you have found our website.  You have made amazing progress in your taper ... way to go!  Yes, the insomnia and neuropathic pain are very common in this process.  I just finished tapering Klonopin and I am still working out the sleep issue.  I've put links below to the Withdrawl Support and Insomnia boards and hope you find these helpful:

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

Insomnia

I hope you will take some time and get familiar with our website as there is so much helpful information here.  When you feel ready, you can start a thread.  I trust you will find the support and connection you are seeking at BB.

Best and again, a warm welcome to you,

Kate