Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Does anyone elses throat feel weird

[Co...]

Some people have had a tightness in their throat, that sometimes make them feel like they can't swallow well.

Tighness or heaviness in regards to muscles is common. Give it time, it will most likely go away.

Oh my gosh, I totally have this.  It extends down into my chest.  Like its being tugged down.  I'm in my second week of WD. 

How long have you been in recovery/WD?

Ct one month and 23 days or so after having taken xanax for only one month.  Just leaving the hospital now for a second time.  I had to get my heart checked out.  My tugging went into my chest too.. anyway everything turned out fine.  What other sysmtoms are u having.  I'm still in partial disbelief I could be having this many issues from all of this.

Hi confused 2020. I am struggling too.  I know that this is all from WD.  I'm so angry and depressed because I took the medication for a short time too.  My main symptoms are

-burning skin off and on

-fast heart rate

-pulling in throat and chest (burning feeling too)

-insomnia- I am able to sleep but its not a deep sleep 

-Overall feeling sick

-inner buzzing feeling (electrical feeling) 

I'm so upset because I'm missing out on all of my kids events.  I may have to quit work too. I'm unable to work like this.  Please join the Newby group under 'support groups' so us Newbys and support one another.  What are your other symptoms? 

Do you have problems swallowing?

Mine closes up but also can be too open and food slips down and chokes me before I can stop it.

I think the throats, down in to chest thing is Vagus nerve.

Yes I've eaten at got startled at the fact I thought couldnt swallow. I feel food too like actually going down.  I've been trying to buy lots of like protein shakes and stuff just so I can get the calories and force feed myself since I have had no appetite in months now.

My symptoms where to start, head pressure, headache but feels more like pressure that will move to different sides of my brain, confusion, memory loss, stuttering, fog, fuzzy feeling, blurry vission, over sensitive..to light, to everything can't even watch TV, depressed, agitated, sometimes hyper, anxiety to an in imaginable amount for no reason, weakness, tingling, numbness, cheat/throat..the list goes on.  I'll join. The newby group.  Maybe that is a good idea for me

Confused: Maybe add your med and where you are at in regards to taper/jump in your signature. You can do this under "profile". It is helpful for those trying to help you to know better what is going on with you.

Friends..all the symptoms are normal and it is mind blowing that all this can come from benzos - but its true.

Symptoms will lessen. Things do happen in waves and windows.

We're healing:)