Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Benzo Belly

[SA...]

Hi All

I was wondering if anybody has experienced bloating of the stomach. It feels very uncomfortable, spreads from the stomach putting pressure on the diaphragm  making it difficult to breath. Any tips for stopping this from happening?

Thank you

Benzo Belly is very common and, yes, very uncomfortable.  The stomach is now being called the second brain, as it does have GABA as well a variety of other neurotransmitters.  Therefore, it’s impacted by Benzo w/d, etc.

I see a naturopath and had been on probiotics for years due to IBS and other digestive issues.  As long as I was eating healthy, my symptoms had lessened immensely.  I stopped taking all supplements near end of taper due to not knowing if some might amp up my system.  I had Benzo Belly for about 2 days after I jumped and used a heating pad on my stomach and reinstated the probiotics.  I’ve had no problems since, as long as I’m eating well.

I hope you feel better soon!

it's very Coman. I had severe bloating for 2 months straight. try eat clean and you way want to give a good quality pro biotic a try but it will go away on its own. it's quite amazing the function the stomache does. previously we thought of it as just a channel for food but it does so much more.