Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

ALMOST 2 YEARS

[ca...]

Hi,i was on xanax for 5 years .I cold turkey on 7-14-18 not knowing what i was doing.i been in protracted withdrawal for 23 months,its been hell on earth. Im better but still suffering.

Hello cape coral :hug: Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

We are glad you found us. I'm so sorry that you continue to have symptoms, unfortunately it is not uncommon to experience withdrawal symptoms this far out.  I am sure these symptoms will resolve when they are ready to, I am sorry it’s  taking so long!  My recovery took 2 years, I am glad that its getting better for you.  You will find some valuable support and info on the forum.  Please feel free to browse the boards, we have a very helpful and friendly community, feel free to ask questions so members can respond.

Here are a couple of links:

Post withdrawal recovery support.  this is a good place to start posting any questions you may have.  You will find some comfort communicating with others who are in the same situation as you are. 

Cold Turkey Detox & Rapid Withdrawal Board

We also have a Protracted Board which can be accessed by subscription, here's how to join:

Go to your Profile

Choose Modify Profile >> Group Membership

[Access] Protracted Withdrawal Support Area >> Join Group

If you would like to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita