Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Re: Need Help with switch to valium Urgent Urgent!!!

[Ri...]

My wife was switch from 0.25 mg of Klonopin to 5mg (2.5 mg x 2) of Valium first 2 days were tolerable but after her 1 pm dose of 2.5 mg all he'll broke loose . Is the valium dose too high?

[6a...]
It's possible.  The cross-over guidelines are only approximate.  What symptoms is she experiencing?  Too much valium usually makes a person feel kind of drunk.

Is it the K running out (WD), while the V hasnt quite accumulated yet..??

Just a quick guess, im not really up to speed here..

I really don't think the Valium dose is too high. Can your wife hold on for another week or so to give it a chance? Crossing over can disturb things a little and you're left wondering if you can hold on long enough for things to improve or whether you should cut your losses. In any case, you need to give it more time unless it's unbearable for your wife. It's expected that things might be bumpy on the crossover so you need to allow for that to an extent.

Like someone said, some challenges are expected when crossing over. What do you mean by “all hell broke loose?”  There’s so many factors that come into play.  Perhaps she went into some WD from the Klonopin?  I assume she took 0.25mg K at one time per day and now they have her doing the V at two different times...that, alone, can shake things up. I was on 0.5mg Xanax once per day and crossed over to 10mg V and it was split between two doses.  At first, it was hard but things impact everyone differently.  I’d reach out to your provider.

The hospital switch her directly from  klonpin to Valium without any crossover period.  Initially, 0.25mg Klonopin (.125mg x 2, morning/night) to 5mg Valium (2.5 x. 2 doses).

Reintroduced klonopin last night at a1:1 ratio to Valium at the same dose, she was okay, but the same dose today did not work well.

Not sure what to do

Go back to 3 equivalent doses but only add Valium to the night dose?

Thanks for the feedback

I hope someone chimes in here, but I read your wife’s history and it states she was on 3mg Ativan?

If I’m correct, 1mg is equivalent to 5mg of V. Did the rehab have her cross to 15mg V?  Then she was placed on Klonopin and then V again?  Even though they are all Benzos, can have differing effects. Wish I was more of a help but I would be looking at what has transpired and if crossovers have been to equivalent doses.