Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Pill weights

[Le...]

Hello! I just got a new a new prescription of Ativan. They are .5 pills. When I weigh 10 of them it comes out to .606mg. So that would mean that one pill would be .6mg.

Question. Does that mean that my .5 pills are really .6 pills? I am confused by this. Each time I cut from one of my .5 pills should I assume that I am really cutting from a .6 pill? Any weight advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks a lot!

The weight of the pill, and the amount of drug in the pill, are two very different things.

The amount of drug in each pill is 0.5 milligrams.

When you say you weigh 10 pills, does the scale read "0.606"?  I ask because what you wrote is unclear. Your scale will read in grams. So if you weighed 10 pills and your scale said "0.606" then 10 pills is 0.606 grams. Each pill would be (0.606 divided by 10) 0.0606 grams, which is the same as 60 milligrams (more or less).

So each pill has 0.5 milligram of drug, but each pill weighs 60 milligrams total.  (Which means your pill is 0.8% drug).

Or, to put it in terms of what your scale would read, each pill has 0.0005 grams drug, but each pill weighs 0.0606 grams.

[b3...]

The weight of the pill, and the amount of drug in the pill, are two very different things.

The amount of drug in each pill is 0.5 milligrams.

When you say you weigh 10 pills, does the scale read "0.606"?  I ask because what you wrote is unclear. Your scale will read in grams. So if you weighed 10 pills and your scale said "0.606" then 10 pills is 0.606 grams. Each pill would be (0.606 divided by 10) 0.0606 grams, which is the same as 60 milligrams (more or less).

So each pill has 0.5 milligram of drug, but each pill weighs 60 milligrams total.  (Which means your pill is 0.8% drug).

Or, to put it in terms of what your scale would read, each pill has 0.0005 grams drug, but each pill weighs 0.0606 grams.

Yep!  :thumbsup:

Hi HopeToDoThis, thank you so much for that detailed explanation. This has been very helpful! (sorry that my post was confusing)