Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

eye issue while WD from valium

[TH...]

hello al my buddies some advice or help has anyone had any eye issues while WD from valium i am having bad eye reaction from my eyes i can not work on my pc or phone for long because af the light and how it affects my eyes a very dry burning and i am at present steaming them or using a hot compress on the eyelids which seems to help i have had a lot of different feelings and strange feeling which i have put down to WD and i just live with it i have one month to go and one ml of valium to taper off i am confident i can do as i am doing with the water withdrawal and have had some bumpy days but i have always think tomorrow will be better and just do what i have to do and the advice here has got me this far and i dont believe i could have beat this without benzo buddies so i thank one and all also i just  focus on the postiver storys this is just for me the postive storys asi can lock into negtive storys so i advide them also on a bad day i push myself to get busy and do things i dont want to do like ride a bike go wakling anything justn get busy and anything differant like feeling i deal with that when in bed before sleep i question everything about my body feeling or some new feeling and try to work out if i did something differant to cause this i might be wrong but some things i have worked out has been right i will beat this i will get back to normal i will WIN  god blesss you all

Hi THEDUB8430

I had visual problems, extreme sensitivity to light, blurry, double vision, floaters also had dry painful red eyes.  It’s always best to get your eyes checked out just to be safe, rule out other causes.  I had an eye exam and it confirmed no eye problems.  My eye issues eventually disappeared along with the rest of my withdrawal symptoms.  I love your positive attitude, stay strong, withdrawal symptoms can be relentless  but it does get easier, it will get better.

Keep Positive

Magrita  :smitten:

thank you margarita

for your reply, i did have y eyes tested and nothing to worry about just my nerves going wild in my eyelids but not to worry as the feedback i get and read about is great but i will get to my goal and it will be celebrated as a day of freedom 

some days when my head told me you will never beat this just give up there were days when i would wake up only to be back asleep 2 hours later and thinking i can't live like this but that i now know is the nature of the beast which does not want to let go but my belief is i will come through i will beat this and for the first time in I think 28 yrs i see an end to this but i have never went at it with the conviction i have this time i gave up to quickly but i was not armed with the knowledge of this wonderful site and people like your self so a big big thank you for your message thank you and bless