Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Vision

[He...]

Does anyone’s vision/head/brain feel off with lighting changes. If I enter a light room from a dark room and vise versa or as the sun is going down (even a few hours before) my brain/head just feels off. Idk if it’s dp/dr but the feeling with lighting changes causes me to retreat and isolate. Does this go away? Is it a Benzo wd thing? It’s not so much a sensitivity per say it’s just a reaction as if my brain can’t tolerate any changes.

I get the same feelings. Light sensitivity, blurry vision, foggy head..so hard to concentrate especially at night. I have heard it's all benzo withdrawal and get better over the time...hang in there..

[ec...]
I am soon 32 months off and my vision is still really awful. I see to bright or too sharp or pale. Or wide or too much colors.  Somwtimes no color at all. Blurry. Hard to see in darkness. Cant drive bc of this... :(

Yes, I had severe light sensitivity.  I think I remember Prof Ashton saying that eye symptoms seemed to hang on 'til the last.  My eyes were terrible.  Dry eyes.  Watery, eyes.  Red eyes. Stinging eyes.  Gritty eyes.  Pain in eyes.  Itchy eyes.  Not able to focus eyes.  Black bags under my eyes :) Derealisation.  Don't know whether related, but developed cataracts during taper. 

Don't know whether this answers your question, but was definitely light sensitive.  Had to have my psychiatrist close his Venetian blinds and switch off overhead light.  He humoured me.  :o

Things are so much the better now at 15.5 months off Valium.  Not completely healed, but I know with certainty that I am on my way at last.  Still have anxiety, but am chalking it up now to the trauma associated with withdrawal these terrible drugs.  Fearful that it will return.  Remembering the horror of it.  I'm so glad I persisted. 

Dee

:smitten: