Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Feeling more and more anxiety and panic lately

[Be...]

Hi All,

Lately, my symptoms of anxiety and panic have been coming more aggressively. I  very hypersensitive and I feel very anxious and have mini panic attacks. Wondering if I should hold, or just continue with my micro-taper. The slightest thing seems to get my anxiety off it’s balance.

According to your signature this isn't your first time tapering, and you mention you're going to listen to your body, it sounds like it's telling you something.  Maybe a hold would be a good idea to get a sense if it will help.

Thank you Pamster. What is odd, is, after the wave goes away, in about an hour or so. I am fine again. It is really my only symptom at the moment. So, I am find holding, but not sure if this warrants a hold.

That is odd but I'm glad to hear it goes away and you may be right perhaps you can keep going.  It's all about managing your symptoms so you can remain functional and as long as you can work around it, you may as well continue your taper.  It sounds like you're listening.  :thumbsup:

Thank you. After talking to my therapist, I am going to hold for a couple days. She reminded me that the taper plan should be flexible, and if I have more symptoms than I want, it is ok to hold. I wish there was just a Magic way to have no symptoms, but I guess we all feel that way ha-ha.