Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

What do you guys think?

[Te...]

So docs are saying that I am bipolar and trying to put me on ssri such as lexapro ...I'm just beyond all of this. Depersonalization and depression and panic attacks....since off clonazepam...its just to much. I dont want to ever feel this way again .....my family is telling me to get on meds but I just dont want to have to ever ween off anything ever again. I do need something though because I am so out of it and depressed.

Have you read all of the literature available on the subject of benzodiazepines and the effect they have on us while taking and withdrawing from them?  It will help you feel confidence in your decision to stay off of more drugs and to project confidence to your family that you understand your situation better than they do.  If when you recover from this they and you feel you need something more, that would be the time to consider it but for now, all of this will most likely resolve itself when you recover.

The Ashton Manual

What is happening in your brain

https://benzoreform.org/

https://www.benzoinfo.com/

I echo what Pam said. Also just wanna say that they don't usually prescribe SSRi for bi-polar? Usually a different type of drug like a mood stabilizer. SSRi is usually for anxiety, depression, OCD.

So please check with the person who is trying to diagnose you as bipolar. I mean, you are totally in early withdrawal and of course you are going to look and feel awful! so they need to take that into account.