Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

helpful advice for nausea

[li...]

Really struggling with my sleep because nausea keeps waking me up. I am getting close to 4 months free and this is a new symptom post jump. It’s been 2 weeks and it won’t subside :(  I also get these odd sounds in my throat when I am nauseous :tickedoff: what might help that won’t rev my symptoms? thanks.

Do you think this is more of a gag response type of nausea or more at the stomach level??

no appetite nauseousness. I never gag. it’s just I go to sleep fine and wake up an hour later so nauseous and then constantly waking to this feeling of blah all night long. I was actually sleeping much better until this nauseousness arrived. I wake up in the morning real nauseous and then it subsides around mid-morning. I was diagnosed with gastritis over 10 years ago but I changed my diet and lifestyle and that use to cause me pain. I have no pain with this. This feels like when I was pregnant but I am 55 and that’s not the reason. thanks for responding. I started a acid reflux diet & also raised the top of my bed 6 inches. I already do ginger daily so at this point I was just wondering what else I can do.... :sick:

[d2...]
I guess you could try a CBD gummy at bedtime and see if that helps.  Or maybe talk with your doctor - they have some anti-nausea meds available to them.  Hopefully, there's one that works well for you.

I guess you could try a CBD gummy at bedtime and see if that helps.  Or maybe talk with your doctor - they have some anti-nausea meds available to them.  Hopefully, there's one that works well for you.

thanks for the suggestions. I won’t do meds unless it’s absolutely necessary. that’s why I got here in the first place :tickedoff: do you do the CBD gummies?

This is what helped my nausea:

Basically I kept something in my stomach all the time.

Like when you said it feels like pregnancy nausea? Remember when you had that and what they always say?....keep crackers on your bedside table!

So for me I would get worse if I skipped a meal or snack. I would almost definitely throw up. But if I kept food in there it would help. So I just ate little things VERY often. Like 6 to 8 times a day even though had no appetite

Sometimes it didn't help but most of the time it did help some.

I had this VERY bad in tolerance, and then acute. Had it real bad around 4 months as well. Then better between 5 and 6. By 6 or 7 was totally gone. I'm at 12 months off CT rapid WD still gone.

Best wishes!!!

[d2...]

thanks for the suggestions. I won’t do meds unless it’s absolutely necessary. that’s why I got here in the first place :tickedoff: do you do the CBD gummies?

I usually dabble more on the THC side, but have tried CBD products too (I own a testing lab).  Both can be good for nausea.  The THC helps me sleep, but def not for everyone.

I do like SouthernBelle's response.  You might even keep a food log to see if there's something that helps or hurts.

Interesting  it is like pregnancy nausea.

I have never been pregnant but WD has messed my hormones up big time and have the nausea badly as each dose wears off.

This is what helped my nausea:

Basically I kept something in my stomach all the time.

Like when you said it feels like pregnancy nausea? Remember when you had that and what they always say?....keep crackers on your bedside table!

So for me I would get worse if I skipped a meal or snack. I would almost definitely throw up. But if I kept food in there it would help. So I just ate little things VERY often. Like 6 to 8 times a day even though had no appetite

Sometimes it didn't help but most of the time it did help some.

I had this VERY bad in tolerance, and then acute. Had it real bad around 4 months as well. Then better between 5 and 6. By 6 or 7 was totally gone. I'm at 12 months off CT rapid WD still gone.

Best wishes!!!

Oh my goodness! Your post rings so so true! I did exactly that each time I was pregnant. You hit the bullseye for me! I will start putting snacks by my bedside. And yes I had it in tolerance too!!!!!!  Your thoughts have calmed me tremendously. I can’t thank you enough  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Interesting  it is like pregnancy nausea.

I have never been pregnant but WD has messed my hormones up big time and have the nausea badly as each dose wears off.

I bet it would help you to do the same thing that SouthernBelle08 suggested to me. Nausea is such a crappy little symptom.

I can’t do THC either.  It makes me feel very unreal. Being hypersensitive is such a struggle. Thank you so much for you advice. Very much appreciated.

I usually dabble more on the THC side, but have tried CBD products too (I own a testing lab).  Both can be good for nausea.  The THC helps me sleep, but def not for everyone.

I do like SouthernBelle's response.  You might even keep a food log to see if there's something that helps or hurts.

the nausea is funny...I had it bad spell of it in the first month..then it was gone...only to return this month off and on. A nighttime thing too.

the nausea is funny...I had it bad spell of it in the first month..then it was gone...only to return this month off and on. A nighttime thing too.

[/quote

It’s so good to know I am not alone on this symptom. I can’t stand the feeling I get from it! It wakes me up all night long and I had just started to sleep well!  :tickedoff: