Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

New to this forum, hi.

[Du...]

Hi

I've just found this forum and hope it will help me in my struggle with benzos, which has been ongoing for quite some years. Primarily my struggle has been with Xanax.

I got my first panic attack when I was 15 years old, reading aloud in school. Since then I have been suffering from social anxiety....sometimes crippling, especially in terms of work situations.

I approached many doctors about this, was prescribed SSRIs (Not very effective for me), Beta blockers etc .

Then I was prescribed xanax & thought I found the golden solution. My intake was intermittent at first but then of course came the slippery slope.

I've been through 2 inpatient detoxes which were difficult.

But the problem is trying to survive without this awful substance & trusting myself again after so many years of avoiding the 'real' me.

I hope to find some advice & guidance on here & also offer any support I can.

Warm wishes.

[39...]

Hello Dublin gal and welcome to BenzoBuddies,

We are so glad you found us!  Yes, I understand what you are saying about living life without benzos.  I also thought I had found the "solution" but benzos quit working for me and once they were out of my life, the issue became learning to life without them.  Dealing with anxiety is a common problem so I'll give you a link to the Anxiety board:

Anxiety

You don't say if you are having any symptoms but I'll also give you a link to the Post-Recover Withdrawl board:

Post-withdrawal Recovery Support

I hope you will take some time to get familiar with BenzoBuddies as we have a lot of helpful information and support here.  When you feel ready, you can begin a thread.

Best and again, a warm welcome to you,

Kate

Dublin gal welcome!

You've come to a good place of support and resources for info. You CAN do this. So many others have and you can too. Choosing to be free is taking control of your life:)

Welcome Dublin,

That sound very familiar. Unfortunatly Xanax works extremely well at what it does but as you said it is a slipery slope, then Xanax becomes the enemy , creating the very issues we where medicating for. You can strenghen yourself to deal with anxiety without benzos. You found the right place.

Andrew