Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Are these symptoms related to WD or should I be worried?

[Ma...]

Sorry, I have major health anxiety, in fact that's why I was put on that Xanax in the first place.

I am getting this feeling of numbness, tingling, prickling, pressure on the sides of my face and mouth sometimes, every other day to be exact. Paired with my cog fog, apathy, "swollen brain", blurry vision, sleep problems, panic attacks and other things could this be another symptom of the Xanax withdrawal? Feels like my face is stiff like the skin is not elastic anymore and it's just hard. I can move my face fine though. I have been only getting it while on the Xanax but I feel I was growing tolerant of my 0.125 doses. I fear it's MS or a brain tumor or something. I am 6 days post CT.

[ba...]

Sounds pretty typical for a c/t.  I'm sorry that you're getting slammed. 

It's also natural for people in the midst of withdrawal to believe that there's something seriously wrong with them.  If your symptoms started with your c/t, you can be reasonably sure that it's simply withdrawal.  Obviously, if you have a serious concern you should get it checked out.  But 99+% of the time, the ER finds nothing wrong, and all they can offer is a dose of some benzo or z-drug to 'help'.

Yeah, sounds like WD, or a combination of withdrawal and anxiety.

As WD causes anxiety, anxiety itself can make your face and lips feel numb and tinglingly. Plus, WD itself can give you the tingles.

I believe it will pass for you. Just try not to be afraid of it.

I know it's easier said than done!

totally backing up the last 2 posts...You're going to live and recover. symptoms can be scary and make you think all sorts of bad things.