Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

First symptom last to leave?

[Ma...]

The very first symptom I had was a squeezing sensation in the throat. I didn’t even realize that it WAS a symptom at the time because I knew nothing of withdrawal and was still on the medication (my doc said it was anxiety and upped my dose  ::)). At 6months off I consider myself 95% healed, this is the last remaining symptom and it has decreased in intensity. Anyone else have that first symptom that just won’t let go?

[f7...]

The very first symptom I had was a squeezing sensation in the throat. I didn’t even realize that it WAS a symptom at the time because I knew nothing of withdrawal and was still on the medication (my doc said it was anxiety and upped my dose  ::)). At 6months off I consider myself 95% healed, this is the last remaining symptom and it has decreased in intensity. Anyone else have that first symptom that just won’t let go?

My inner electric feeling. Nonstop since may 2017...it is 37 months now...

That was funny Ajusta.  :laugh:

This has not been the case for me Maddox, and doesn't seem logical either, but who knows with Benzo withdrawal?  Everything about it is illogical.  There's a million doctors out there that would say the same.  :D

Dee

:smitten:

[22...]

Manual Breathing and Thought Hyper Awareness/Looping/Racing Thoughts are mine. 37 months out.

Hi LiveAboveIt. Can you relate to the brain getting stuck on a thoughts or something unimportant and just looping on it nonstop. Feels like part of the brain is physically stuck on the memory of the thought. Hard to explain.

Yeah dude, I've gone through all of that. I've also had it where my brain is stuck on something that bothered me, a fesrful thought, but it can't figure it out and gets stuck for days. Or like, my brain gets stuck on that daydream feeling I between each thought and amplifies it.

I think I'm finding that I started of with little symptoms which built up over months until it reached it's full hellish crescendo and then it started to receade with the last symptoms to go first. The only way I can describe it is like a tsunami.

I've noticed of late that the some of the symptoms I first presented with have come back. I think perhaps they have always been there but because the worst have rectified/healed, they are just more noticeable now. Like when you have two owies you don't notice the littler one till the bigger ones pain has subsided. I'm super hopeful and excited because I know I'm coming to the end of this thing