Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

I took two Imovane tablets.

[al...]

Hi - I'm on day 9 of being completely off 5mg valium. 9-10 days use then a four-five week taper. I'm travelling very badly. My husband took me to the ER as I was burning up with insomnia, panic and suicidal thoughts. When they told me to take the sleepers, I was past caring. Will this now seriously stuff up my withdrawal? As you can see, I was only low dose, short term use. The taper was gradual, but I was going to go off it in 20 weeks, from 9-10 days use. The preoccupation and obsessiveness was too much for me! I'm very down today. I have had almost nonstop panic since getting down to low doses of valium and now it seems to have tripled. Any advice appreciated.

Imovane is classified as a non-benzodiazepine but it works on the same receptors in the brain, I hope it helped you get some sleep.  I would advise against taking it again but don't feel a one time use will cause you anymore problems. 

The best thing you can do is to distract yourself from your symptoms, you'd be amazed at how just doing small things that take your mind off of your pain can help you make it through this.