Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Anyone have a chemical peel done?

[Wa...]

I didn't know where to post this and couldn't find any info on the site from people that might have had this done.

I am 16 months out and have an appointment to get a TCA peel done at the end of the month. Benzos and my previous disease did a number on my skin.  I figure while I have time and am just sitting around healing during COVID, I might as well try this as I was planning on doing it at some point in the future.

Anyone here ever had one done during withdraw?

I’ve heard TCA peel can be rather strong for someone who hasn’t had peels before. It affects deeper layers of the skin And maybe the skin during withdrawal is more sensitive? Glycolic acid is the most gentle peel and safer for sensitive skin.

Thank you for your response.

I had glycolic peels done pre-benzos and found that they weren't deep enough so that's why I was considering something a little more aggressive. Just worried about possible interactions. Luckily, I haven't had the burning skin or nerves that so many here suffer with.