Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Share what caused your set-back Please

[Ta...]

Hi, I early in WD (5 days).  I've been seeing and hearing some things that caused major setback in people's recovery. Can you please share so I can learn?  Thanks so much! 

[a4...]

Alcohol, for sure.  I tried a beer at 3-weeks and suffered for a few days.

The only other time that I thought something set me back was one time early in withdrawal, somebody suggested drinking a little apple cider vinegar.  I tried a tablespoon or two and it seemed to bother me for a day or two.  It was just a one-time thing, so no replicate data available.

I had a few minor food sensitivities, but I don't consider that a set-back.  I would quickly learn what not to eat and move on.

2016- Flexeril (muscle relaxant) setback like acute caused me to reinstate after 8 months off

2020- MSG caused setback worse than acute which caused me to take a couple of rescue doses at 8 months off.

now i avoid:

sugar

MSG

caffein

processed food

i am still recovering

Coffee.  Made me so sick.  Gluten made me sick.  Sugar revved me up.  Passionflower was a big mistake.  Supposed to calm you, but it made my feet and hands go numb.  Too big reductions.  Very bad idea. 

Thanks so much for sharing

Here are some of the other things that I have read/heard:

Over exercising, stress, antibiotics, illness, any product with alcohol

Alcohol was a major setback. I was so sensitive to it. after drinking  it felt like everything collapsed.

unlike others nothing else affected me. coffee,food,medications. six months on I can drink but generally avoid it and keep it at a minimum. the sensitivity seems to be gone.

All the best

Andrew

As for exercise it depends on the person. I find it helped for a few for many reasons. it's something I would try, if you don't have any negative effects it will help.