Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Extended Withdrawal

[Ki...]

Can someone or an administrator give me an estimate as to how many Benzo Buddies have been in extended withdrawal experiencing symptoms for 2 years or more since their initial day of being 100% off of benzos.

My son has been in withdrawal now for 22 months. He is still having daily burning head and feeling of grief in his chest symptoms. For the first 16 to 18 months he was getting some brief windows but now it has been a constant wave.

He feels that very very few people have these symptoms for as long as he has had them. So of all the present 16K Buddies & inactive Buddies combined how many are still experiencing symptoms for 2 years or more. Your responses will be greatly appreciated. Thank You All.

We have no way of knowing the answer to your question, I'm sorry.  So many people start to feel better then leave the forum so it's very difficult to know who has healed and when unless they write a success story and not everyone does.  It seems like the majority of people heal within a couple of years but there are those who suffer for longer.

You may want to subscribe to the protracted board to connect with members there, here are the instructions for accessing it. http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=189058.0

[7f...]

Can someone or an administrator give me an estimate as to how many Benzo Buddies have been in extended withdrawal experiencing symptoms for 2 years or more since their initial day of being 100% off of benzos.

My son has been in withdrawal now for 22 months. He is still having daily burning head and feeling of grief in his chest symptoms. For the first 16 to 18 months he was getting some brief windows but now it has been a constant wave.

He feels that very very few people have these symptoms for as long as he has had them. So of all the present 16K Buddies & inactive Buddies combined how many are still experiencing symptoms for 2 years or more. Your responses will be greatly appreciated. Thank You All.

I am 31 months off and still really sick in ongoing symptoms that wont stop. I have had waves since day 1 off. Windows is rare. You can see my symptoms in my sign.