Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Worse headache of my life

[De...]

As title states I've been struggling lately with alot of symptoms as I get lower in my taper but headaches are getting extremely bad! I know many suffer with this but do they feel like your head is going to explode and even wake you up sometimes? Anything help?? I take OTC meds but that stuff rarely helps with my pain

I take Tylenol or rub liquid magnesium on my forehead. My headache comes on if i eat the wrong foods. Foods triggered all my migraines until i went on a special diet with low glutamate. Now for 2 months i think I've only had a total of 10 or less headaches. For months i couldn't sleep or really do anything do to them. But it's gotten better.

I take Tylenol or rub liquid magnesium on my forehead. My headache comes on if i eat the wrong foods. Foods triggered all my migraines until i went on a special diet with low glutamate. Now for 2 months i think I've only had a total of 10 or less headaches. For months i couldn't sleep or really do anything do to them. But it's gotten better.

Thank you and you brought up a good thing about diet I did eat some Chinese yesterday so maybe sodium overload or MSG?

Anything with msg and hidden msg cuz they do have other names for it will cause severe migraines. Believe me I'm still learning on the foods my body can tolerate. Google up hidden msg names on foods n you will find so many. Hope you feel better.

I guess I'm going to have to start being real careful with what I eat but that's pretty hard when you have no appetite from tapering these damn pills

I would slow down my taper.

I did hold this week. I was trying to stick close to 10% cuts every 2 weeks. I'm going to hold this cut an extra week or 2 n see if things get better

Thank you and you brought up a good thing about diet I did eat some Chinese yesterday so maybe sodium overload or MSG?

I love Chinese food but also have a problem with to much MSG.

It sometimes makes my 24/7 headache worse.

Sometimes I say I'll never eat it again, but I go back.  :-) 

So maybe it is related.