Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

13 years of Ativan use and CT in January

[Ri...]

I’m incredibly grateful and blown away by the support BB has given me and many others simply through reading what people have shared.  I would like to also share my experiences in hopes of supporting others and paying it forward.  I’m currently going on 5 months benzo free (CT) after taking .5 mg of Ativan as needed and still very much In recovery - but have also learned a lot in the process.  I’ve been through some of the worst parts of withdrawals but have lingering breathing and anxiety hurdles I’m working through. 

Hello Riverside27 and Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

Glad to hear BB has been helpful to you and glad to have you as a new member!  Congratulations on approaching 5 months off Ativan.  As you already know BB is an excellent source of knowledge about benzo withdrawal and you will also receive support here from members who have walked this walk and understand what you're going through.

Please feel free to post.  You may want to start with Post-withdrawal Recovery Support  and

Cold Turkey, Detox & Rapid Withdrawal 

also, Anxiety     

I imagine you're already familiar with The Ashton Manual

It’s helpful to create a signature so other members who want to reply to your posts can see where you are in the process. Here’s how to add your benzo info automatically to your posts: go to Profile, then Forum Profile, write your info (which benzo, dose, taper history) in the text box and save. Thanks! Let us know if you need help with this.

We're glad you found us!

Brighterday.  :)