Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Please someone calm me down

[Go...]

I’m 2 1/2 years off and my worst nightmare came true. I have mastitis and have to take antibiotics now. I have already been in a super bad wave since I had my baby. I finally had some windows, and now this. This is the worst wave I have been in since I came off Valium. I’m really scared and have read so many suffer. I don’t even know what to do. I’ve been praying but I am so anxious.
  • Love 1

I had to take an antibiotic when I was less than a year off and I was scared to death but it was actually fine.
  • Love 1

Hi GMH,

I'm so sorry you're suffering with a bad wave. 

When you say your worst nightmare came true do you mean that you have to take antibiotics for mastitis?  Antibiotics aren't necessarily going to cause problems for you in withdrawal - some people have problems with fluoroquinolone antibiotics so you could request an antibiotic that isn't a fluoroquinolone.  Mastitis is really common  - I had it also and so did my daughter.  No lingering issues. 

There was a post here recently by a pregnant woman who was due in a week or so and having a bad wave.  There's no question that pregnancy and caring for a baby are stressful.  An increase in stress caused by any number of things can cause an increase in WD symptoms.  It's hard to find space to take care of your own needs when you're caring for a baby but little things can make a difference.  What kinds of things did you do to soothe yourself earlier in withdrawal?  If you can do those things now, even in a more limited way it could help bring your anxiety down.  Things like slow, deep breathing, positive visualization, progressive muscle relaxation, a cup of chamomile tea, favorite fragrant oils, can make a difference too.

You got through early withdrawal.  You will get through this.

I hope you feel much better soon-

Brighterday

I mean my worst nightmare of needing a antibiotic. I had to take one right at a year off, and didn’t have an issue. I am nuts nervous since I am already in a bad wave at the moment. I had mastitis with my last baby, and it is so awful as you know. My baby just turned 9 months old, and I have 3 kids to total, so I am always stressed. With the pandemic my kids have been out of school since early March.

Parenting is hard on the best of days, especially with little ones who have energy to burn! Thankfully it is good weather now so they can go outside. I hope where you live that is possible. Babies take up so much time too. I give you credit for being in the journey of recovery and being a mom - go easy on yourself - I'm sure you're doing you're best.

I just had a UTI (ughhh) and just finished my antibiotics. I have my usual waves, but nothing was caused by the antibiotics. Don't be nervous about taking them. I had mastitis, not fun. My kids are teens now but you never forget it! 

No need to be anxious. I took an antibiotic during and shortly after my taper. No dramas. I think there is one particular type of antibiotic that has a bad interaction. Look it up!
  • Love 1