Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Full body jerk, electric feeling, cortisol surge

[ja...]

After a couple of days of windows, I was slammed last night with full body jerk, wave of panic attacks and electric feeling.

Has anyone had this that HAS GONE away? And how long did it last for you? Did you have this in the early phase of widhrawal? Please help

Good Morning..

Yes, I did have those exact symptoms in the early stages of withdrawal.  Very scary for me as I'd get the jerks as I was falling asleep, then I'd wake up with the morning cortisol rush and anxiety.  It did pass after a few weeks.

I do have the cortisol surges again during this wave I'm in almost 9 months out...but that happens sometimes.

Hang in there!!  It's normal and you're healing.. :)

Thanks so much Diana, i appreciate the reassurance.

i have it exactly like you described- the jerks all night then at 2am the cortisol surge. i hope this is a sign of healing.

I also have the electric pulse now for 3 months. Non stop.I wake up very sick. Now feeling sick. Hot flashes also.

Good Morning..

Yes, I did have those exact symptoms in the early stages of withdrawal.  Very scary for me as I'd get the jerks as I was falling asleep, then I'd wake up with the morning cortisol rush and anxiety.  It did pass after a few weeks.

I do have the cortisol surges again during this wave I'm in almost 9 months out...but that happens sometimes.

Hang in there!!  It's normal and you're healing.. :)

Hi Diana,

do you remember how long the jerking and cortisol surge lasted for you?

Yes I still have it from the last 16.5 months. But it has reduced in intensity and at times waxed and waned.

I now get it occasionally "The full body Jerk or Jolt". Most notably I get it when I'm extremely tired and it occurs for once as I'm trying to sleep.

It only occurs when I'm trying to sleep.

But don't worry all the symptoms will go away or reduce in intensity with time!