Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Does neuropathy in feet go away?

[Jo...]

Here I am in month 5 of my wild transition-taper experience. I sometimes wonder if the switch from Brotizolam to an Ambien-Etizolam combo caused all the suffering I have been through in the past months. I mean symptoms hit hard on day one of the switch. I’ve weathered many storms and have gotten down to .25 mg of Etizolam and 6.25 mg. of Ambien. Many of the early bad symptoms have become manageable but for the past three weeks, my feet feel like they have turned to wood. They have gone numb and it feels like I’m walking on marshmallows. I’ve always been active and that has been a defining aspect of who I am. Please someone tell me this will go away. If it does, how long should I expect to endure?

• 3 weeks later...
I can’t tell you how long this will last for you/ but I can tell you that yes it will go away. The neuropathy symptoms do go away. <3333

I can't tell you what will happen, but thank you for sharing this. I also had pain and numbness start in my feet in month 5. I'm about to finish month 6. I've been worried that it is related to another medical condition I have, but hopefully it's from benzos and will go away for both of us!