Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

should I split the dose???

[ld...]

Hi everyone,

I am on an Ativan micro taper. I just started. I have been taking Ativan in the AM for months. Only the AM. It used to help but now I just feel poorly after taking it. But I feel worse around 6 hours later (anxiety, dread, nausea). And then great in the evenings. My question is... should I split my taper dose to cover the mid day dip? I'd appreciate hearing any experiences going from once a day to BID or TID, both good and bad. Thanks!

I started on a nightly dose of Xanax and split the dose to 3x a day.  Was still miserable towards the end of each dose, so today for the first time I'm splitting 4x today, and am feeling hopeful.  I am not familiar with the half life of Ativan, but I would think it would be worth a try. Hopefully someone more experienced will weigh in!  Interdose withdrawal is a beast for me.