Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Anxiety

[Me...]

I still have such bad anxiety at month 28. Do you think it’s just me at this point?

Or will it get better? .....

Also 9 months pregnant so maybe the hormones are contributing...but this feels more like agoraphobia. 

I just feel anxious/scared about everything and I’m tired of it. TIRED of it!

I’m scared of strawberries. I’m scared of bees. I’ve never had an allergic reaction in my life but now I’m scared of having one. I’m scared of driving but I’ve never been in a car accident. I’m scared of social interaction (like seriously bad). I’m scared of any/all medical issues. Im scared of hospitals. I’m scared of my heart racing too fast. I’m scared of my ex husband. I’m scared of failing my kids. I’m scared of the future. I’m scared of giving birth. I’m scared of new makeup because it might give me a rash. I’m scared of vaccines (never had a bad reaction to one though).

Like.....WTF!! I don’t think that’s pregnancy hormones. Thats agoraphobia from benzo withdrawL.

Hi Meganz,

Anxiety is really common in pregnancy as you probably know and it's also common to feel uneasy and full of apprehension as you get nearer to delivery.  It's really impossible to separate out all the strands - your baseline anxiety - if you have a tendency to be anxious, pregnancy hormones preparing you for birth, and withdrawal symptoms.  It's a lot of stress in many ways and stress seems to kick up withdrawal symptoms.  It seems reasonable to me that you're experiencing bad anxiety because of all of these factors. 

I hear you about being TIRED of it - anxiety is a beast and it's exhausting - it tries to kick all the pleasure out of life.  As hard as it is, maybe you can try to shift your attention away from your anxious feelings and thoughts by occupying yourself with activities you enjoy.  Even, deep slow breathing, positive visualization, progressive muscle relaxation, and repeating positive affirmations - all of this can add up to soothe yourself, but if you can't don't beat yourself up.  You've got a lot on your plate and taking it a day at a time is probably the best approach, just like when you were in the thick of withdrawal.  This will pass.

Take care,

Brighterday

[8f...]
Okay okay breathe...Are you comfortable with loving kindness meditation?  Anxiety provoked racing thoughts which is why you are fearing one thing after the next...and I believe that we create these pathways in our brain as a defense mechanism towards something.  It is what it is, but we have to shut down the broken pathway and create a new healthier one.  Stay amazing ❤️🙏❤️