Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Dry dry dry!

[Ye...]

Anyone else suffer from dry eyes, sinuses or even dry mouth? I get a combination of all three randomly. I almost always wake up with dry mouth and sinuses. Never had issues prior to tapering benzos, ever. It's really frustrating.

Yep all of them thier really very common withdrawal symptoms I've got eve every one of them but there's plenty of other people with the same thing so it's nothing serious to worry about or out of the ordinary when it comes to withdrawal  ::) Hope that helps ease your mind at least a bit :)

Nova xxx :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Yep all of them thier really very common withdrawal symptoms I've got eve every one of them but there's plenty of other people with the same thing so it's nothing serious to worry about or out of the ordinary when it comes to withdrawal  ::) Hope that helps ease your mind at least a bit :)

Nova xxx :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

It does ease my mind, thank you! Unfortunately it has lead to a sinus infection and later an ear infection. I haven't had one of those since I was a kid. I try to lubricant with sprays and drops but they instantly go dry or wet regardless. Looks like it's up to my body and brain to normalize without the stupid benzo drugs. What an absolutely evil class of "medication".

Anyone else suffer from dry eyes, sinuses or even dry mouth? I get a combination of all three randomly. I almost always wake up with dry mouth and sinuses. Never had issues prior to tapering benzos, ever. It's really frustrating.

Yes, yes, yes...!!

My tongue has been sticking to the roof of my mouth of late.. :(

Its much worse when sleeping, and I use mouth and eye lube..

The dryness fluctuates with the intensity of my symptoms at various bad points throught my tapers, Perhaps more at lower doses and jump times, -I cant quite remember, but its never been this bad before..!!

Oh, and my ears used to pour out a kinda light wax, -laying my head on a warm pack would help them clear a bit as it liquified and ran..

A couple of CT scans (for other reasons) showed chronic sinus congestion.. Both those are much better now... These may have been more my other meds, or a combination..??

:)

To YeaHuh- Yet another perk of the myriad of symptoms. Dry mucous membranes in WD can often be from too much sympathetic stimulation or high histamine. Anything to reduce both would be helpful. Diet is a good place to start. Drinking water as much as possible to hydrate.

Additional help- Vitamin A helps the reproduction of cells and health of mucous membranes. It dampens allergic responses.  It also assists with the conversion of storage thyroid hormone to the active form.

Hope this is helpful.