Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Weird Feelings

[JR...]

I am almost 3 1/2 months off from Klonopin. I was on benzo for 20yrs 1mg daily. I get these weird thoughts/feelings that I will forget my way home and when you go out to store it feels like that I was here longtime ago and it all seems weird. May be dream like feelings very hard to describe.

Scare to go out.

Weird kind of thoughts like and I look out window and feel like is this  another day.,,just not normal feelings

Anyone feel the same .. is there a hope it will be better or do people get normal from these  type feelings . Please help

You're very early in your recovery so I'm not surprised you're experiencing these feelings, they're very disturbing but absolutely 'normal' for this process.  These feeling will go away when you heal so please try not to be afraid, this is very common.

Professor Ashton described it in chapter 3 of her manual.

Depersonalisation, derealisation. Feelings of depersonalisation and of unreality are associated with benzodiazepine withdrawal, although they also occur in anxiety states. They occur most often during over-rapid withdrawal from potent benzodiazepines and are, anecdotally, particularly marked on withdrawal from clonazepam (Klonopin). In these states, the person seems detached from his body and seems almost to be observing it from the outside. Similar experiences are described in near-death states when the individual feels that he is hovering above his body, detached from the events occurring below. They are also described by people involved in extreme emergencies and in individuals subjected to torture. They are clearly not specific to benzodiazepines.

[94...]

I am almost 3 1/2 months off from Klonopin. I was on benzo for 20yrs 1mg daily. I get these weird thoughts/feelings that I will forget my way home and when you go out to store it feels like that I was here longtime ago and it all seems weird. May be dream like feelings very hard to describe.

Scare to go out.

Weird kind of thoughts like and I look out window and feel like is this  another day.,,just not normal feelings

Anyone feel the same .. is there a hope it will be better or do people get normal from these  type feelings . Please help

I agree with Pamster it sounds like Derealization and/or depersonalization. I had that and it hit le in month 8 lasted almost a year for going away and coming back after a few months and the disappear and is now gone at the moment. Its awful but I had it nonstop for a long time so I got used to it. Worst was not knowing who my husband was he felt like a stranger