Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Anyone else feel ‘dead inside’ from taking Diazepam?

[Ne...]

Guys ~ this diazepam is horrible. As the subject lines states, I feel dead inside. Life holds no joy, no interest in doing anything ~ even if I felt well enough to do it. I just sit inside the house all day staring outside. I do what I need to do; brush teeth, shower, get dressed ~ but can hardly wait for the day to be over so I can go to bed. I was never like this before. I was always going and doing something. I don’t know if I need to be on an antidepressant or a mood stabilizer ~ but then I read the horror stories about those as well. Is it just me????

I was never on K.  Only Valium.  But yes, I felt dead inside.  Fortunately for me that was one of the first symptoms that left after I had tapered a while.  I was around 8 mg.  I'm down to .19 mg with mainly physical symptoms at this point.

Guys ~ this diazepam is horrible. As the subject lines states, I feel dead inside. Life holds no joy, no interest in doing anything ~ even if I felt well enough to do it. I just sit inside the house all day staring outside. I do what I need to do; brush teeth, shower, get dressed ~ but can hardly wait for the day to be over so I can go to bed. I was never like this before. I was always going and doing something. I don’t know if I need to be on an antidepressant or a mood stabilizer ~ but then I read the horror stories about those as well. Is it just me????

No! I feel dead inside too! Felt it for years. Always when I'm out I just want to go back home and sit there staring at the walls. Or my computer looking on tv-shows. I feel so much like a zombie and have a really big problems to enjoy anything. I lost interest in all my hobbies and I used to love writing and have dream to be an author and know I can hardly write. Diazepam is so horrible! Both we don't seem to be alone in this :)

I was never on K.  Only Valium.  But yes, I felt dead inside.  Fortunately for me that was one of the first symptoms that left after I had tapered a while.  I was around 8 mg.  I'm down to .19 mg with mainly physical symptoms at this point.

Goforit ~ I’m currently at 9.5 V and am not feeling any better since crossing over from K. I had a window in March that lasted 10-12 days where I felt completely normal. I thought God had answered my prayers and I was healing!! It didn’t last and only got worse. I told my provider a cpl days ago I wanted to start tapering. Do you mind if I ask which method you used to taper? I know I’m going to have to go slowly because of the way my body metabolizes V (slowly). I’m just curious which method worked best for you.

So happy for you that you’ve gotten to where you are and I hope your physical symptoms will end soon!