Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Acid Refux and PPI and major relapse

[Be...]

Hello,

I am looking for feedback and some reassurance from the only place I felt understood during my Benzo tolerance identification, taper, and acute post withdrawal. (Besides my spouse). Thank you to everyone that has helped me.

In Feb 2020, I looked at my spouse and said, I know I will always have this experience but I feel like I am Completely ok for the first time in 4 years.  Though i have had very good times in the last two.  The next month I traveled across country at the beginning of the pandemic, inhaled something that set my bronchials off.  When I got back a week later, I had burning in my chest, burping, couldn’t swallow, and more.  After fighting the scare, I saw my dr, talked to an allergist and was being treated for severe acid reflux and lung issues.  I have had a barium X-ray and endoscopy.  I stopped all lung medications months ago, but have severe acid reflux every day to the point my ears and throat burn.  I am now on protonix twice a day, but it does not eliminate the reflux.  I also took a probiotic and that was a nightmare.  I am getting no sleep and have hit severe withdrawal symptoms.  I was so low and had lost so much weight that I was put on Remeron that I stopped after 1 week because I felt worse.  I have not had a single psych drug since my taper and no additional during taper.  I do not know what to do.  I tried to tell my gastroenterologist about how sensitive I am, but he just is not familiar with this .  Any reassurances are welcome.  Please, no scares of cancer, etc.  Anyone that might have gone through this and come out ok?

Thank you to all...especially those that stay just to help others.

My father took PPIs for acid reflux and had a HORRIBLE reaction and no relief. Finally, what healed him was the use of digestive bitters. Check out this book "Why stomach acid is good for you" -- it's written by a holistic MD. I hope you find relief!

Thanks for the reply and suggestions.  May I ask what his horrible reaction was?  I was trying an alkaline diet while on and off the medicines (I was put on prilosec first) but did not see any difference but maybe it wasn't long enough.