Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

"Escaping the Benzo Trap", June 2020, DDN cover article

[Ko...]

Thanks, Terry38!

TBH, I hesitated to post the article.  It seems as though prescription benzo patients are already stigmatized as closet recreational users and have trouble being taken seriously by the medical community.  So I was unsure how the article would be received here.   

At the same time, illicit benzos are often the Real McCoy--not necessarily something cooked up in a basement.  They shouldn't be accessible without a prescription--or even, in my opinion, with a prescription to the extent that they are. 

Benzos are a cruel mistress, whether you're a white collar professional, a high school student or a homeless bag lady.  But as difficult as they are to quit for a person with resources and support, they are that much deadlier for someone who is already barely surviving.