Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Successful cross to diazepam from either & Xanax or clonazepam to taper

[Sc...]

Hi I need to update sig, but I'm on both clonazapam & xanax, crossed straight switch out of half my clonazapam for equal amounts of half alprazolam, as I'm very tolerant to clonazapam, but not Xanax & have been tapering my clonazapam. I'm now very unstable with visual distortions & DR. Since I'm tolerant to clonazepam, & it's hard to taper, I wonder if crossing off both benzos to diazepam or Librium could help me stabilize to get out of DR & bad visual distortions & then taper from there.

Has anyone been unstable on their benzodiazepine & successfully crossed to diazepam & or Librium & had a successful taper from there? Please share your stories.

Thinking I need to get on something long acting, only one benzo & then taper.

I'm in bad spot.

Thanks

SC

Scardie....Yes.  I did the Clonazepam Valium switchover and it helped tremendously.  I was having severe interdose withdrawal on the Clonazepam and the Valium switch cushioned my taper and helped with sleeping.  1mg Clonazepam = 20mg Valium.  It was still tough to taper, but I made it.    Long and slow.  Good luck!   

Scardie....Yes.  I did the Clonazepam Valium switchover and it helped tremendously.  I was having severe interdose withdrawal on the Clonazepam and the Valium switch cushioned my taper and helped with sleeping.  1mg Clonazepam = 20mg Valium.  It was still tough to taper, but I made it.    Long and slow.  Good luck! 

Thank you for the input & encouragement.

Congratulations on finishing. So did you take valium during the day? And is oxazepam a different benzodiazepine that you're taking at night? I'm not familiar with that one.

Much thanks

SC

Hi.  Yes I took the crossover Valium twice daily and eventually once daily, when my taper got far enough along.

I was on two benzos for many years.  Crazy eh?  The Clonazepam was for Lyme-related vertigo, and the Oxazepam, for sleeping.  So quitting has been like reaching a treacherous summit, only to discover another mountain at the top.  I didn't think tapering this second benzo would be so hard.  It is.  I feel cheated that I couldn't celebrate my first-part win, in Milestones or Success stories!  I still have a ways to go, clearly.

But I am so stoked to done with the 1st benzo.  Its huge for me, because I tried to get off of Clonazepam twice; in 2011, and 2014.  I was told that I could taper off in 5 days, by a visiting psychiatrist.  Both attempts landed me in the emergency room,  hallucinating and psychotic.  So here I am.  Free of daytime benzo, after a 2+ year taper, and functional.  (Well... sort of...)  Not hallucinating or psychotic in the least.  Its proof that the body can heal.    :thumbsup: 

Hi.  Yes I took the crossover Valium twice daily and eventually once daily, when my taper got far enough along.

I was on two benzos for many years.  Crazy eh?  The Clonazepam was for Lyme-related vertigo, and the Oxazepam, for sleeping.  So quitting has been like reaching a treacherous summit, only to discover another mountain at the top.  I didn't think tapering this second benzo would be so hard.  It is.  I feel cheated that I couldn't celebrate my first-part win, in Milestones or Success stories!  I still have a ways to go, clearly.

But I am so stoked to done with the 1st benzo.  Its huge for me, because I tried to get off of Clonazepam twice; in 2011, and 2014.  I was told that I could taper off in 5 days, by a visiting psychiatrist.  Both attempts landed me in the emergency room,  hallucinating and psychotic.  So here I am.  Free of daytime benzo, after a 2+ year taper, and functional.  (Well... sort of...)  Not hallucinating or psychotic in the least.  Its proof that the body can heal.    :thumbsup:

Thanks again for sharing. Best wishes on the rest of your journey.

If anyone comes across someone like me that has gotten Derealization & much visual distortions from benzodiazepines instability & or tapering & or being on 2 different benzos & Crossing to valium stabilized them & took away the visual distortions & Derealization, please be so kind as to send them my way.

If you care yo read, I don't know how to do links, but I made more than one post explaining my DR & visual distortions.

Thanks

Wishing you all the best

SC