Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Successful cross to diazepam from either & Xanax or clonazepam to taper

[Sc...]

Hi I need to update sig, but I'm on both clonazapam & xanax, crossed straight switch out of half my clonazapam for equal amounts of half alprazolam, as I'm very tolerant to clonazapam, but not Xanax & have been tapering my clonazapam. I'm now very unstable with visual distortions & DR. Since I'm tolerant to clonazepam, & it's hard to taper, I wonder if crossing off both benzos to diazepam or Librium could help me stabilize to get out of DR & bad visual distortions & then taper from there.

Has anyone been unstable on their benzodiazepine & successfully crossed to diazepam & or Librium & had a successful taper from there? Please share your stories.

Thinking I need to get on something long acting, only one benzo & then taper.

I'm in bad spot.

Thanks

SC

Scardie....Yes.  I did the Clonazepam Valium switchover and it helped tremendously.  I was having severe interdose withdrawal on the Clonazepam and the Valium switch cushioned my taper and helped with sleeping.  1mg Clonazepam = 20mg Valium.  It was still tough to taper, but I made it.    Long and slow.  Good luck!   

Scardie....Yes.  I did the Clonazepam Valium switchover and it helped tremendously.  I was having severe interdose withdrawal on the Clonazepam and the Valium switch cushioned my taper and helped with sleeping.  1mg Clonazepam = 20mg Valium.  It was still tough to taper, but I made it.    Long and slow.  Good luck! 

Thank you for the input & encouragement.

Congratulations on finishing. So did you take valium during the day? And is oxazepam a different benzodiazepine that you're taking at night? I'm not familiar with that one.

Much thanks

SC

Hi.  Yes I took the crossover Valium twice daily and eventually once daily, when my taper got far enough along.

I was on two benzos for many years.  Crazy eh?  The Clonazepam was for Lyme-related vertigo, and the Oxazepam, for sleeping.  So quitting has been like reaching a treacherous summit, only to discover another mountain at the top.  I didn't think tapering this second benzo would be so hard.  It is.  I feel cheated that I couldn't celebrate my first-part win, in Milestones or Success stories!  I still have a ways to go, clearly.

But I am so stoked to done with the 1st benzo.  Its huge for me, because I tried to get off of Clonazepam twice; in 2011, and 2014.  I was told that I could taper off in 5 days, by a visiting psychiatrist.  Both attempts landed me in the emergency room,  hallucinating and psychotic.  So here I am.  Free of daytime benzo, after a 2+ year taper, and functional.  (Well... sort of...)  Not hallucinating or psychotic in the least.  Its proof that the body can heal.    :thumbsup: 

Hi.  Yes I took the crossover Valium twice daily and eventually once daily, when my taper got far enough along.

I was on two benzos for many years.  Crazy eh?  The Clonazepam was for Lyme-related vertigo, and the Oxazepam, for sleeping.  So quitting has been like reaching a treacherous summit, only to discover another mountain at the top.  I didn't think tapering this second benzo would be so hard.  It is.  I feel cheated that I couldn't celebrate my first-part win, in Milestones or Success stories!  I still have a ways to go, clearly.

But I am so stoked to done with the 1st benzo.  Its huge for me, because I tried to get off of Clonazepam twice; in 2011, and 2014.  I was told that I could taper off in 5 days, by a visiting psychiatrist.  Both attempts landed me in the emergency room,  hallucinating and psychotic.  So here I am.  Free of daytime benzo, after a 2+ year taper, and functional.  (Well... sort of...)  Not hallucinating or psychotic in the least.  Its proof that the body can heal.    :thumbsup:

Thanks again for sharing. Best wishes on the rest of your journey.

If anyone comes across someone like me that has gotten Derealization & much visual distortions from benzodiazepines instability & or tapering & or being on 2 different benzos & Crossing to valium stabilized them & took away the visual distortions & Derealization, please be so kind as to send them my way.

If you care yo read, I don't know how to do links, but I made more than one post explaining my DR & visual distortions.

Thanks

Wishing you all the best

SC