Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

how to stop worrying about everything

[on...]

Hi One Person,

Just to encourage you, let me say that, prior to taking benzos, I never worried about anything much. Now that I'm tapering off this junk, I worry about everything -- even about going to the hairdresser and making a fool of myself. I mean, it's normal to worry about seeing the dentist. But the hairdresser? Obviously, we all worry because our GABAs are misfiring and they have not healed yet. I have a long journey ahead of me, and it's hard to tell when you will start feeling like your old self again, but, trust me, it does happen, as I've been off benzos for a while and felt great, and then my Graves' disease came back and they put me back on this stuff.

Love,

Genie

i too worry about when I go somewhere, that I'm gonna make a fool of myself.  Thats one of my biggest fears, which does keep me home quite a bit, and it doesn't help that I have a severe stutter, so then, I worry sounding like I'm really cognitively disabled, but I really am not. I can read, fast and understand everything, but when I talk, some times, my words get mixed up.  I used of nvr had these problems before the pills.  And I worry to, that I still have times where I feel numb on the inside, and not know why.

i make a fool of myself on a regular basis - i just laugh at myself unless i am terribly embarrassed.

i know my words (during benzo use) would come out all wrong - i would say the opposite of what i meant and i spent ours in book stores surrounded with books - it was nothing for me to knock off a book a day and skip through several others - but you could never tell by  talking to me.

Yup, it would make life more fun. I'll try to just laugh over small things, even if I embarrass myself some. And need to laugh over that.

You know, now that I am so much better in every way, even my computer problems make me laugh, when in the past they would make me so angry! :laugh:

So I hope that stays with me. The Gratitude. 

You know, now that I am so much better in every way, even my computer problems make me laugh, when in the past they would make me so angry! :laugh:

So I hope that stays with me. The Gratitude. 

Gratitude...yes indeed that is the perfect word. Another one is Humbled. That's how I feel now. I used to let every little thing get to me...now, I'm grateful for a day that I don't feel nutz and humbled by this entire experience. And there's more to come yet.....yeah :yippee:

linda i hear you on that one - i have had many a emotional meltdown thing oh know now everyone things i am stupid - for shame for shame for shame.

but eh - who cares - everyone is stupid about something - at least i am well rounded and stupid about a lot of stuff  :thumbsup:

I just got done makin hamburger helper for the 1st time ever, and it didn't come out too bad, next time i need to have more meat thoe. other than that its pretty good.

I just got done makin hamburger helper for the 1st time ever, and it didn't come out too bad, next time i need to have more meat thoe. other than that its pretty good.

When I was 18 I moved in with my psycho boyfriend, and I didn't know how to cook, so I made tons of hamburger helper, and all the other one's they had, like tuna helper. I loved it and it was so easy. But one day by boyfriend exploded in fury that he sick of the s!@#t and don't ever make it again!! :tickedoff:. :muscle:

I never have, to this day! :laugh:

When I see in on the grocery store shelves, I have horrible flashbacks.  :2funny:

I've nvr cooked meat before. I always had someone else cook, if it was for cooking meat, as I worry about trying to figure out when its ready, but it wasn't too hard.

I've nvr cooked meat before. I always had someone else cook, if it was for cooking meat, as I worry about trying to figure out when its ready, but it wasn't too hard.

Yeah, hamburger is pretty easy, not like chicken, where it looks done on the outside and is bloody and poisonous on the inside. :D

Good Job. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
I had a big mac, for lunch, and for some reason it just didn't taste as good as it used to for me. I don't know if I'm possibly getting sick, or what? But for me it is common, for me to just love a food one day, than a few days later, just hate how it taste.

unless they cook a burger fresh while you wait - the meat can taste really bad.

i always preferred whoppers when i was hungry- i used to have a whopper once a month - and i bet we can all guess what time of the month that was. ::)

when you are skinny and you eat food loaded with fat - that can keep you full for a very long time.

so anyway thought about your weight thing - and i still think the most important thing to do is to eat healthy - fry up some eggs in butter or bacon fat - get your fruits in - your veggies in - and if you get your food groups in - and don't puke it up and feel ok - that is pretty good.