Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Befuddled by micro-changes—sub-threshold dose changes causing withdrawal

[He...]

Dear forum,

I have a question in which the "search engine" hasn't provided any direct answer. I recently calculated (an approximation) my dosage, and it is presently less than what would be considered a "light" dose or a "minimal dose" to achieve a benzo effect. In fact, it is 5/6 less than the minimal dose, apparently. I am presently taking .36mg and it is claimed that 2mg is the very low end regarding dosage. Nevertheless, a reduction of .06 just put me through a loop. I am now incredibly lethargic, have a migraine headache, experiencing chills, etc. It is not a viral infection or anything like that.

Is this normal or, rather, what does this mean for my situation and continued taper? I am thinking that it is the benzo I'm taking and/or it's not what it is purported to be. I can't imagine that some minuscule change would do that.

Anyone have comparable experiences?

Thank you :)