Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Benzo detoxer

[Si...]

I’m in week 5 of being Klonopin free after using for 6 months then tapering from .75 mg over 4 weeks in April. Maybe that was too fast but I followed orders without doing any research. I have bad days and better days, but nothing worthy of a good day. Maybe I’m over the worst which was some panic and trouble breathing, but now I’m losing feeling in my hands and feet and can barely exercise due to pain and swelling and random headaches. Not sure if I’m getting worse or better as every day is different and doctors are kind of clueless. Just going to keep my head up and hopefully work through this but damn it’s hard when you’re supposed to be the strong provider for your family and have to work regardless. After reading a few other posts I realize that many have it tougher than me, so God bless us all.

Hello Sidetrack and Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

It's great you've been off Klonopin for 4+ weeks - I'm sorry you've been experiencing some rough withdrawal symptoms.  But it looks like you already know it often goes with the territory.  Yes indeed, it's hard to function and carry all our normal responsibilities while going through this.  You've come to the right place for information and support from others who know what the process is like. 

Please take your time to explore the site. Knowledge about this process is empowering and you'll learn a lot here.  When you're ready please feel free to post with your questions.  Here are a couple of links to get you started:

Post-withdrawal Recovery Support 

The Ashton Manual  a good resource written by a leading expert on benzo withdrawal

Other members who want to reply to your posts find it helpful to know where you are in the process, so here’s how to add your benzo info automatically to your posts: go to Profile, then Forum Profile, write your info (which benzo, dose, taper history) in the text box and save. Thanks! Let us know if you need help with this.

We're glad you're here.  Please reach out for support.

Brighterday  :)