Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

ANTIDEPRESSANTS

[Be...]

I was prescribed prozac for withdrawal depression.Been on it for 2 weeks now.Feeling abit better.How long can I remain on it before quitting it.I am already off benzos for a while.

Hi Bexlan,

It looks like 2 1/2 months since you jumped off clonazepam - is that right?  Congratulations on quitting.

Two and 1/2 months is still pretty early in terms of withdrawal.  You're still healing. It may be best to let your body heal longer before you contemplate doing another taper.  Tapering off antidepressants can be hard on the body to.  It's a lot to put your body through with two psych meds in rapid succession.  I encourage you to give it some time.

Why do you want to get off the antidepressant if you think it's helping right now>|?

Take care,

Brighterday

I understand - but those feelings of anger and impatience are also common in benzo withdrawal. It's really not possible to know whether it's that or an effect from the antidepressant. 

Sorry, I wish we had a clear answer.  I'm glad you're feeling a bit better though.