Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Tapering Mirtazapine after successful Lorazepam Taper

[Me...]

Hello,

i used lorazepam inconsistently (then increased) due to anxiety and insomnia for a approx. 3-4 and got dependent for sleep. then tapered over some 2-3 months to zero in december 2019. i used mirtazapine to help with withdrawal, specially with insomnia. it helped with that, but not with depression. after 2 months i started tapering mirtaziapine and i'm down to 1.4m/day now. i am struggling with insomnia and depression mainly which i'm not sure is underlying condition coming back or withdrawal from one or both drugs. i would like to share my experience with other people and get advice / see the experience of other people with the same problem.

many thanks indeed

Hi Menakshi :hug:  Welcome to BenzoBuddies. 

We are glad you found us.  Congratulations to you on successfully tapering off Lorazepam.  I think its likely you are experiencing withdrawal symptoms from both drugs. You will come through this, it will get better!  Many of our members have experience with tapering antidepressants.  Well done on the tapering so far, I am sure you will get some help and support from our members here. 

We have a great community here. Please feel free to browse the boards and post questions to any of the dedicated threads.

Here are a couple of links for you:

Remeron (Mirtazapine) Withdrawal Support Group

Other Medications     

Withdrawal Support

We also have dedicated boards  dealing with Insomnia and Depression issues, you can connect with others who can offer some ideas and help.

Depression       

Insomnia

If you would like to add a signature  (history of medication/doses etc). It will help members give you relevant advice. Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita