Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

ITCHING, HIVES AND DRY PAINFUL SKIN PATCHES, HYPERSENSITIVE SCALP ANYONE ELSE ?

[no...]

Does anyone else have this?? Its torture!! Ive got seriously all over very dry peeling on my face  skin which I've had for a few year's now while tapering,  and now red inflamed thicker patches  of dry skin along with hives that started about 6 weeks ago and the itching is terrible and if I scratch it,  it aggravates my bad burning nerve pain, I also have a very painful hypersensitive scalp which I've had for a few year's now and that also gets very itchy and is hell if I scratch it. I'm tearing at myself but trying not too as scratching aggravates all my constant severe pain. Has anyone had this and found anything that helps? I'm super hypersensitive to everything I can't cope with this much longer, I live alone, am housebound and am really struggling to survive,.  :'( :'( :'(

Nova  :smitten: :smitten:

Hi nova

I’ve had psoriasis of the scalp, dermatitis, ‘bug bites ‘ that weren’t actually bug bites, itchy skin, on my face under my eyes and neck, invisible rashes, itchy eyes.

It goes away and returns.  It’s nerves and anxiety causing this.  I had started tearing at my scalp 😐.  It started to feel like ocd.  Of course, that was very negative and actually caused harm.  It got pretty bad. 

Knowing this was part of tolerance and then withdrawal eased my mind some.  As I’ve got lower in dose, this has almost entirely healed. 

I use no chemical on my skin.  I soak it in organic coconut oil.  I don’t let it dry out.  I practice breaking the habit of attacking my skin. 

My counsellor explained that if a behaviour is repeated as a way to cope, it gets worse.  I’m talking about negative behaviour.  If a positive behaviour replaces that, it improves.  So, think of ways to replace the tearing at self.  Reach for the coconut oil.  Use it gently and massage it in.  Put on cotton gloves at night. 

It’s a tedious symptom.  You’ll heal. 

Hi nova

I've had psoriasis of the scalp, dermatitis, ‘bug bites ‘ that weren't actually bug bites, itchy skin, on my face under my eyes and neck, invisible rashes, itchy eyes.

It goes away and returns.  It's nerves and anxiety causing this.  I had started tearing at my scalp 😐.  It started to feel like ocd.  Of course, that was very negative and actually caused harm.  It got pretty bad. 

Knowing this was part of tolerance and then withdrawal eased my mind some.  As I've got lower in dose, this has almost entirely healed. 

I use no chemical on my skin.  I soak it in organic coconut oil.  I don't let it dry out.  I practice breaking the habit of attacking my skin. 

My counsellor explained that if a behaviour is repeated as a way to cope, it gets worse.  I'm talking about negative behaviour.  If a positive behaviour replaces that, it improves.  So, think of ways to replace the tearing at self.  Reach for the coconut oil.  Use it gently and massage it in.  Put on cotton gloves at night. 

It's a tedious symptom.  You'll heal.

Hi H :hug: I have all the above, I've had skin problems for a few year's now, and what looks like a yeast infection (Dandruff) very thickly on my scalp and face Ive come to the conclusion scratching makes it worse so try not to do it and wait for it to pass, some nights an days are a lot worse than others, I tried  hempseed  oil on lettuce  the other day as I'm now having bad reaction to olive oil  which I used for many year's for lots of reason,( and had to stop using it as its high in histamine :()  and scratched all night when I had it hours later.

But I also scratched all night when I didn't have hempseed oil , I think its caused by A Histamine in the body as Benzo's block the DAO enzyme which breaks down histamines, and B Nerves will itch like mad when their healing as well as burning C yes stress and anxiety is also another kicker, I tried Coconut oil, and I also mixed oats with Goat milk in a jar and that helps sometimes applied to the skin other times not. And mostly I try to wait it out, but it seems to be spreading to other areas now , and another thing itching is a sign of healing if you have a wound so I wonder if as bad as it is if its to do with somewhere in/ on the body healing :-\

Nova xxx :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: