Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

morning cortisol surge- how long did it last for you?

[ja...]

i had a major setback and had to take a rescue dose and my morning corsitol surges are back.

it is really hard....

how long did it take for you to go away?

Hi jasmine,

I'm sorry you had a setback.  It's so hard.  Cortisol surges were one of the worst symptoms for me because they triggered a cascade of awful anxiety.  I'm 8 months post jump.  The surges started to abate at about 5 or 6 months for me. 

The two things that helped me the most with surges and physical symptoms of anxiety were chamomile tea and the beta blocker propranolol 20mg which I took only as needed.

I hope you feel better very soon,

Brighterday  :)

Hi brighterday,

thank you for your response.

okay, i can deal with another 4 months of this, as long as it is not a life sentence, i feel so kindled right now.

i saw that you are 90% healed.

what symptoms left do you have right now?

Hi jasmine,

My symptoms currently -  I occasionally feel a very slight cortisol surge but it doesn't last more than a few moments now;

mild tinnitus; a little cognitive fog.  I hesitate to say I'm healed - it's a feeling I have that I'm not there just yet.

Hang in there.

Wishing you much healing,

Brighterday

this damn cortisol surges - OMG those were my nightmare for a year as I was in tolerance and never knew it! Since jumping thy increased for a bit but have gone WAAAAY DOWN since (thank God!). They are rare or mild now. They definitely increase the anxiety. It was so bad I thought I had an endocrine disorder. Nope. Just benzos. :tickedoff:

i am still enduring.

i got on benzos to fix anxiety and insomnia, and now i fear waking up. life is a trip