Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

What I do that helps keep me going through my taper ...

[69...]

[69...]

I've not posted on this forum before but I am feeling better and better so thought I would share something I do that has sustained me throughout my taper.  I do beading and I made this bracelet recently:

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-tRQDM66c1bQ/VZ-7KHSYbeI/AAAAAAAAFTM/98if7Il6INc/s640/Bracelet%2B277.jpg

This isn't the actual one I made but I made one just like it in the same colors.  When I get busy with a project my mind is in the present and I feel normal.  Life is good!

Best,

Kate  :smitten:

• 3 months later...
That is so beautiful Kate  :D I’d love to learn to bead. I’m a sewer. I’m about to make a costume for book week for my son. It’s nice to feel the creativity coming back x u are very clever!

[69...]

Thank you Shayna 78.  I had forgotten I even posted this!  There was no reply for a very long time and they you post a nice thing :-)  Way to go on making the costume for your son.  If definitely is good to feel our creative juices start to flow again!

:smitten:

It’s nice to read a post on what someone can do for a change x well done keep making beautiful things. Ur so talented, and must have amazing eyesight, coz I struggle to even thread a needle x haha 😂

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe you can sell them. I would buy a set or two in a heartbeat!

Come on over for a fun game of guess why and take a guess! We'd love to have you. It's a great distraction. Accenuate the positive forum then choose guess why thread. See you there

• 1 month later...
[69...]

Hi Shayna,

I've been busy crocheting so my beading has been on hold for a bit.  Hopefully I'll get back to it soon.

Kate    :smitten:

So do I, I love to sew. I always wish I had asked my grandma to teach me to crochet before she passed away. So many great patterns on Pinterest. I save them anyway in case I learn one day x what are u making?

[69...]

I generally have a couple of projects going at one time so I don't get bored.  I am making dishcloths/washcloths and a baby blanket.  I'm making this blanket that I found the pattern for on YouTube:

Lion Brand makes the relative new yarn used in this pattern, Mandala, and I absolutely love it.  AND I can buy it at my local Walmart.

Are you sewing anything Shayna?  Anyone who might want to post things they make here, feel free to.  I love seeing what others make!!

Kate    :thumbsup:

Oh that’s so cute Kate x very pretty. No I’m not making anything at the moment, I’m so exhausted most of the time from lack of sleep I find it difficult to focus for too long. But I need to pick it up again, I could be doing some sewing when I’m not sleeping x more productive x