Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Hey everyone

[Li...]

Hello,

I was taking Clonazepam .25mg -1.5mg over the course of 3 months. I basically cold turkey'd, going from 1.5mg to nothing in 2 weeks. I know this is a relatively short time but my withdrawals have lasted 16 months so far. It has been a very painfull experience.

I want to join because benzobuddies has been an invaluable resource for understanding this process. It is reassuring to read the success stories, they give me hope I will heal too.

Hello LiBoar :hug:  Welcome to Benzobuddies

We are glad you decided to join, i am so pleased that Benzobuddies has helped you.  I am sorry you continue to struggle with symptoms.  It’s not uncommon to be symptomatic at 16 months.  Keep positive, just hold on, and try and find a way to get through each day until you make it….you will make it.  It doesn’t seem to matter how long or what dose, we are all different and some of us need a lot longer than others to recover.  it was 2 years for me, although 18 months was a huge turning point. Congratulations on being benzo free. 

You will find some very valuable support and information on the forum.  Our members are happy to share their personal experiences with you and offer support.  Please feel free to browse the boards and post questions to any of the dedicated threads. Check out The Ashton Manual, it gives you a better understanding on why you feel the way you do. 

Here are a few helpful links

The Ashton Manual

Post withdrawal recovery support.

Success Stories

If you would like to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) to help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita

Hi LiBoar,

Welcome to BB.

You’re benzo free!  You did it the hard way, but you’re already so far along. 

What symptoms are you having?  What do you do to manage them? 

There are ways to feel better.  You can find them out as you read others posts. 

Hi LiBoar,

Welcome to BB.

You’re benzo free!  You did it the hard way, but you’re already so far along. 

What symptoms are you having?  What do you do to manage them? 

There are ways to feel better.  You can find them out as you read others posts.

Hey there,

My symptoms are:

Severe anxiety, it is debilitating and very hard to leave the house a lot of the time.

anxious thinking, looping thoughts and severe worrying

intrusive negative and dark thoughts

brain fog

high heart rate (90+bpm resting, normal for me is 60)

fragmented sleep, I am awake every couple of hours during the night.

And i'm not really sure how to describe it but it just feels as though there is a pain in my head, not like a headache but it is very uncomfortable.

I'm sure theres more but those are all I can think of at the moment.

The only things that seem to help slightly is exercise, I try to walk or jog if I can. otherwise I just try to stay distracted with social media. It feels like nothing significantly helps and I just have to suffer through it. The mornings are the worst but sometimes I get some relief in the evenings.

Hello LiBoar :hug:  Welcome to Benzobuddies

We are glad you decided to join, i am so pleased that Benzobuddies has helped you.  I am sorry you continue to struggle with symptoms.  It’s not uncommon to be symptomatic at 16 months.  Keep positive, just hold on, and try and find a way to get through each day until you make it….you will make it.  It doesn’t seem to matter how long or what dose, we are all different and some of us need a lot longer than others to recover.  it was 2 years for me, although 18 months was a huge turning point. Congratulations on being benzo free. 

You will find some very valuable support and information on the forum.  Our members are happy to share their personal experiences with you and offer support.  Please feel free to browse the boards and post questions to any of the dedicated threads. Check out The Ashton Manual, it gives you a better understanding on why you feel the way you do. 

Here are a few helpful links

The Ashton Manual

Post withdrawal recovery support.

Success Stories

If you would like to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) to help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita

Thanks for the warm welcome, Magrita

And for the advice as well. It is nice to be part of a community who understands this process. It can be hard in real life as it is difficult for people to understand, at least in my experience.

I have one question about these boards though, Is it possible to reply to someone else's reply on a post (like i'm doing now) without using the quote function? I couldn't see any other way to do it.

thanks

The reply tab is a little blue oval on the bottom right side.  Welcome from me too by the way.  :)

Hi LiBoar!

Welcome to BB! Sorry to hear that you are still struggling 16 months out, but you are 16 months closer to being healed.

On top of what Magrita posted, you may want to look into the KPIN group in the Withdrawal Support section

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=163449.0

Hang in there! there is a lot of support here on the board

Thank you!