Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Confused and disconnected

[cl...]

Does anyone have a real problem expressing themselves?  I have had this symptom somewhat before the withdrawal but it is worse now.  I can't exactly figure how to express myself and everything I say seems difficult to get out and confusing.  I also, what to talk or text to people and I just go blank.  I don't know what to say and it's a real effort to communicate and I have real issues expressing emotions.  It's like I really want to tell someone I care about that I love them but I just can't do it.  I was told I have Asperger's at one point but I don't know if it's really been life long depression and complicated by taking benzos for so many years.

I just have always felt like a alien and it's like the wires in my brain work at random times and then shut off most of the time and cut me out of interaction.  Sorry I know this is rambling but I am hoping when I get off these meds if I don't in fact really have Autism things will clear up for me :( 

Does anyone have a real problem expressing themselves?  I have had this symptom somewhat before the withdrawal but it is worse now.  I can't exactly figure how to express myself and everything I say seems difficult to get out and confusing.  I also, what to talk or text to people and I just go blank.  I don't know what to say and it's a real effort to communicate and I have real issues expressing emotions.  It's like I really want to tell someone I care about that I love them but I just can't do it.  I was told I have Asperger's at one point but I don't know if it's really been life long depression and complicated by taking benzos for so many years.

I just have always felt like a alien and it's like the wires in my brain work at random times and then shut off most of the time and cut me out of interaction.  Sorry I know this is rambling but I am hoping when I get off these meds if I don't in fact really have Autism things will clear up for me :(

If you get out of my head and stop describing my symptoms i would greatly appreciate it  ;) ;) ;)

Y-E-S! i used to be a great communicator and people misread me a lot because i am so transparent and blunt. But for the last 4 years my cognitive abilities have declined immensely and i have experienced everything you ARE experiencing and HAVE experienced. Its brutal i know. And like you, i thought i had Aspergers. In fact i was convinced i has Aspergers or Autism. Its likely the apathy that has made itself at home, but i am not a medical professional nor can i diagnose you. I can only comment on what i have gone through and felt myself.

Youre not rambling by any means. Dont worry. Youre not alone. I am going through the same and it sucks.

Thanks for responding.  Good to know I am not the only one going through it.  I guess time will tell what's going on?  I think I have had severe depression since childhood though that looks like Autism.  I am struggling with th decision to start an SSRI now or wait until this process is over.

i have struggled with depression on and off and even asked them to test me for bipolar on various occasions but always comes back the same (NEGATIVE) because i am never manic. i ever get the highs. i can only feel lows, or flat (apathy or indifference)

I cant comment on taking SSRI's during this mess. i believe it is mentioned in the ashton manual but forgot and i personally havent taken them while weaning off benzos.

i have experience with Prozac in the past. its my go to when i feel im going to start falling off a cliff emotionally. it indeed stops me from bottoming out, but thats all it does and then i end up with apathy again and not able to smile. for me, its effective in certain situations but not every situation

Yes, exactly as you expressed. As a matter of fact it's happening right now. I'm struggling to reply. I've had poor cognition for awhile, but what I think you're describing started  for me when my Derealization symptoms started. It's like there is a break on & I can't reach out & takes much effort to gather thoughts-I've also, just gone blank on things I should absolutely know & or sometimes, someone will be speaking to me & im just watching them & cant take in what they are saying. Poor cognition & DR for me.

Can't speak to the autism.

Your Brain has been put through much.

I sure hope things clear up for all of us.

You didn't ramble.

Take care

SC